College-Wide Expectations for International Travel
All students traveling abroad must:
- Be in good academic standing at Wheaton or another college or university during the semester(s) in which the student applies, is accepted and participates in the program. Students on academic probation or suspension, or who have incomplete grades, at Wheaton or another college/university are not eligible for a Wheaton College sponsored travel program.
- Be in good standing with Student Development during the semester(s) in which the student applies, is accepted, and participates in the program. Students on disciplinary probation, including Chapel, or suspension are not eligible for travel programs.
- Agree to behave while abroad according to Wheaton Community Covenant standards, any additional student conduct standards adopted by the particular study/service abroad program in which the student is a participant, and local laws.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older, except for dependent children accompanying parents who are Wheaton College Faculty, Staff or Program Leaders.
- Comply in a timely manner with all travel preparation protocols including, but not limited to, attending orientations, paying bills, obtaining passports and visas, completing Student Health Services requirements, responding to Student Care Team inquiries, signing contracts, etc. Students who fail to meet either College or program deadlines may not be allowed to participate.
- Be current in their billing accounts. Students with past due balances with Student Accounts will not be permitted to register for study abroad programs.
- Comply with country(s) specific vaccinations required by the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). For further details and exceptions, see Wheaton College International Travel Clinic Immunization Exemption Policy and Wheaton College International Travel Clinic Immunization Waiver.
- Meet program specific "essential elements" as articulated by the program/program leader of which the student is a applicant/participant.