Health, Safety & Travel
Concern for the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff when they are learning, researching, interning, teaching, or volunteering abroad is one of Wheaton College’s core commitments. While there are risks inherent in all travel, our goal is that all will be prudently prepared to face these risks.
- All students traveling internationally are required to view the Pre-Departure Health and Safety presentation and pass a post-training assessment with a score of at least 80%.
- If you are traveling abroad as a Wheaton College student, you will be required to have an pre-travel health consultation at the Student Health Services International Travel Clinic.
- Wheaton College contracts with International SOS to provide worldwide travel, medical and security advice and services for all Wheaton College faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad under the auspices of Wheaton College. Detailed information about the services is on the International SOS website
- We encourage our students to take a self defense class such as that offered by the Applied Health Services department. See an example Self Defense Class Syllabus (PDF).
Health and Safety Resources
- The Wheaton College Student Health Services International Travel Clinic (ITC) reviews the special services providec by the ITC to Wheaton's International travelers and additional travel health information. See: International Travel Clinic
- View the FBI brochure Safety and Security for US Students Traveling Abroad (PDF).
- Travel Advisories from the U.S. State Department
- Travelers’ Health from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Other Travel Resources